Welcome to Early Childhood
The mission of the Galena Park Independent School District is to prepare students to become productive citizens and lifelong learners.
We feel that by engaging our students in exciting lessons that explore and incorporate higher level thinking skills we can assure success for all of our students.
Curriculum Corner is the portal for our successful teachers to come together and reach our common educational goal by enhancing lessons, engaging students, and increasing interactivity in the classroom.
The Galena Park Independent School District Kindergarten Program is one that uses quality research to provide a nurturing environment that fosters children to become successful, confident, and well-adjusted learners.
- Be knowledgeable of current trends in early childhood education;
- Involve and communicate with parents in a consistent and timely manner;
- Use available materials and resources to maximize students' learning;
- Provide children with a variety of classroom experiences.
The curriculum will:
- Build on student interests to foster successful learning;
- Be developmentally and culturally appropriate;
- Be integrated in a way that will challenge students.
We believe that children, parents, school personnel and the community will work collaboratively to help every child reach their potential.