Who We Are.
Director of Professional Development
Coordinator of Professional Development
ZOTZ Education Center Secretary
SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
UPDATES WILL BE DONE BY 8-18-16.
THANK YOU FOR YOU PATIENCE.
T-TESS SUPPORT SESSIONS:
Advice for New Teachers
1. "Welcome to our Family!"
A. "Keep the MAIN thing, the MAIN thing"
B. Come to work everyday PREPARED to help children chart their course for the future.
C. RELATIONSHIPS are key--start building them with your children and their parents from Day 1.
D. Make a point to speak to EVERY child EVERYDAY.
E. Have HIGH EXPECTATIONS for your students. You may be the only person in their lives who does.
F. Students THRIVE in engaging environments. Let them be ACTIVE participants in their learning.
G. Parents don't keep the good kids at home. They send us their BEST each day.
H. Call parents or send them notes when students do GOOD. Don't let all your communication with a parent be negative.
I. COMMUNICATE! COMMUNICATE! COMMUNICATE!
J. Ask when you need HELP. Remember, the only "dumb" question is the one not asked.
K. Be that TEACHER children want to be one day.
L. Be a LEADER on your campus, in your department, on your grade level (I'm always looking for our next Teachers/Rookies of the Year, Department/Grade Level Chairs, Team Leaders, Assistant Principals, Principals, Coordinators, Directors, etc.). Be an example of what is best in our profession.
M. "You haven't taught until students have learned."
N. NO EXCUSES!
O. It's not about us; it's about the CHILDREN.
4. "The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway."
The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith
5. "Have a GREAT school year!"
Expectations & Success Plan
• Staff development days are scheduled work days. If circumstances arise where you will not be able to attend, call your campus principal or immediate supervisor prior to the beginning of your required session(s) for the day.
• It is crucial that all attendees and presenters be on time. This includes starting time, returning from scheduled breaks and lunch, etc.
Be a positive participant!
• As we all know, it is difficult to present to our peers. It is important that all staff members conduct themselves professionally during all sessions. Should you have suggestions for improvement, complaints or concerns, you will have an opportunity to express those in each session’s survey. Remember, you are a reflection of your campus at all times!
Be comfortable…but professional!
• Even though staff development days are more relaxed than days with students, it is imperative that we remember we are still representatives of GPISD. While we want you to be comfortable, please remember business casual is the best rule of thumb, especially when in doubt. Types of business casual attire include but are not limited to: slacks, capris below the knee and school spirit shirts. Non examples would include: flip flops, shorts or tight fitting/worn jeans.
• Staff development sessions have a specific purpose. In order for us to stay abreast of changes in public education and grow as professionals, it is important that we not only attend these sessions for credit but for the growth of our students! Apply what you learn.
• All attendees will be required to sign-in and sign out of sessions with a designated facilitator. As a district, we are required, by law, to verify that all credit granted to participants is valid. We, too, are accountable.
• Enjoy yourself!! Learning and growing is good for us all!