Who We Are.
Director of Staff Development
Coordinator of Staff Development
Instructional Communications Specialist
Mary Lou Ramirez
ZOTZ Education Center Secretary
Harris County Department of Education
is offering many sessions this summer.
Some areas include:
Nature and Needs of GT Learners
Real Kids, Real Books, Real Results
Summer Autism Institute
For more information contact:
713.692.6216 or HCDE@hcde-texas.org
HCDE TExES Principal EC-12
Test Prep Online 7.15.13
(for fee $225.00)
Expectations & Success Plan
• Staff development days are scheduled work days. If circumstances arise where you will not be able to attend, call your campus principal or immediate supervisor prior to the beginning of your required session(s) for the day.
• It is crucial that all attendees and presenters be on time. This includes starting time, returning from scheduled breaks and lunch, etc.
Be a positive participant!
• As we all know, it is difficult to present to our peers. It is important that all staff members conduct themselves professionally during all sessions. Should you have suggestions for improvement, complaints or concerns, you will have an opportunity to express those in each session’s survey. Remember, you are a reflection of your campus at all times!
Be comfortable…but professional!
• Even though staff development days are more relaxed than days with students, it is imperative that we remember we are still representatives of GPISD. While we want you to be comfortable, please remember business casual is the best rule of thumb, especially when in doubt. Types of business casual attire include but are not limited to: slacks, capris below the knee and school spirit shirts. Non examples would include: flip flops, shorts or tight fitting/worn jeans.
• Staff development sessions have a specific purpose. In order for us to stay abreast of changes in public education and grow as professionals, it is important that we not only attend these sessions for credit but for the growth of our students! Apply what you learn.
• All attendees will be required to sign-in and sign out of sessions with a designated facilitator. As a district, we are required, by law, to verify that all credit granted to participants is valid. We, too, are accountable.
• Enjoy yourself!! Learning and growing is good for us all!
Working on a Master Degree?
Why not check out our GPISD Professional Library
located within Zotz Center 13801 Holly Park.
We have books to check out for
leisure or professional reading!
Educator's Wing of the Zotz Professional Library
Galena Park ISD Houston, Texas
We Can Help!
Coming soon the Staff Development
DECORATION STATION CATALOG
Staff Development Department invites you to take advantage of our library here at the Zotz Building.
Some of the many selections include: