|Category:||0140 - Spch. Path Diag|
|Job Title:||204 - Diagnostician|
|Campus:||001G - ASSIGNED CAMPUS|
|Closing Date:||UNTIL FILLED|
|Number of Openings:||0|
|Experience Level:||SEE REQUIREMENTS SECTION OF POSTED JOB|
|Education/Related Experience:||SEE REQUIREMENTS SECTION|
|Pay Range:||Salary based on experience of chosen candidate|
To select and administer the appropriate educational evaluation instrument for students through the referral process. Interpret those results for the purpose of student placement.
Effective communication skills
Three years experience as a classroom teacher
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Select and administer various formal and informal clinical instruments related to student evaluation.
2. Write reports and make recommendations to the ARD committee for educational placement.
3. Provide interpretive conferences with teacher, school administrators, and parents as required or requested.
4. Serve as a consultant to teachers in developing instructional strategies for the IEP.
5. Serve as a member of the campus Problem Solving Team and the ARD committee when required.
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management:
6. Comply with the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rules, and local board policy in the area of special education.
7. Deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to write IEP goals and objectives based on the results of the FIE. Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skills in oral and written communication. Maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Ability to push or lift up to 50 lbs. Able to follow district and campus safety rules and regulations. Ability to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
|Application Procedure:||In and Out of District Applicants must submit letter of interest along with a current resume (these two documents can be downloaded directly into the applicant portal) and also apply online by creating an account on the GPISD Applicant Portal at: www.galenaparkisd.com/appportal.php|
DR. CAROL BOOTH, Program Director
Galena Park Independent School District
14705 WOODFOREST BLVD
HOUSTON, TX 77015
GPISD is an Equal
GPISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer