Our school district is participating in a regional award program, which recognizes and rewards educators in the region who have made outstanding contributions in their classrooms, schools and communities. The Goldin Foundation for Excellence in Education addresses the challenge of maintaining and fostering excellence in elementary and secondary schools, seeks to foster respect for and appreciation of educators by publicizing their achievements, and provides an annual Educators Forum at which award recipients share their efforts.
Eligibility for the six annual awards of $500 each includes any person working directly with students, teachers, and other support staff within the school setting or in the community.
Participants may include, but are not limited to:
Areas of participation may include, but are not limited to the following:
- certified classroom teachers (experienced or new to the profession)
- guidance counselors
- school specialists
- school nurses
- part-time teachers and substitute teachers
- teachers' aides
- parents and representatives of the community
The Goldin Foundation for Excellence in Education is a non-profit organization. It serves public school systems in the Houston region and includes the following school systems:
- enriching innovative programs in the classroom, school or community
- engaging in professional growth
- establishing programs for other educators
- designing programs that focus on special populations
- developing initiatives for collaboration between the schools and parents or members of the community
Aldine ISD, Anahuac ISD, Barbers Hill ISD, Channelview ISD, Cleveland ISD, Crosby ISD, Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, Devers ISD, East Chambers ISD, Galena Park ISD, Goose Creek ISD, Hardin ISD, Huffman ISD, Hull-Daisetta ISD, Liberty ISD, Sheldon ISD, Tarkington ISD, Houston ISD Central District (Lamar High School, Lanier Middle School), Houston ISD West District (Lovett Elementary School), YES Prep
Nominations must be received by January 20, 2012. Awards will be made in May, 2012. For further information, including the nomination process, profiles of the award recipients and their projects, and other Goldin Foundation programs, please view the website: www.goldinfoundation.org.
Goldin Foundation Brochure