Galena Park ISD School Closing Information
School Closing Report
Monitoring Latest Information
Please monitor all local television and radio stations and our website - www.galenaparkisd.com for the latest information on school closings.
For information, tune to the following radio or television stations:
|2||galenaparkisd.com||KTRH (AM 740)|
GPISD will take these steps to determine if school is cancelled
Forecast: Ice or Flooding
- Between 3:30-5:00 a.m., District personnel drive all areas of the District to evaluate road and bridge conditions.
- The District monitors forecasts from the National Weather Bureau and local radio and television stations.
- The Director of Transportation and Assistant Superintendent for Operations report road and bridge conditions to the Superintendent.
- Superintendent, Dr. Angi Williams, confers with superintendents of surrounding school districts.
- After evaluating all information, the Superintendent makes a decision by 5:30 a.m. Radio and television stations are immediately notified whether or not school will be in session for broadcast on the 6:00 a.m. news.
Early Closing of School due to emergency conditions
- After students arrive at school, they are seldom released early. However, if conditions at school warrant early release or if weather and/or road conditions deteriorate, it may be necessary to dismiss school early to get students home safely.