Galena Park Middle School's Family Career and Community Leaders of America
Sponsor: Gwen Johnson
Membership Requirements: Must be in a Family Consumer Science Class or have taken a Family Consumer Science class for at least one semester.
Mission: To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through—
- Character development
- Creative and critical thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Practical knowledge
- Career preparation.
- To provide opportunities for personal development an preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society.
- To promote family and consumer sciences and related occupations.
- Is the only in-school student organization with the family as its central focus
- Is a career and technical student organization that functions as an integral part of the Family andConsumer Sciences Education curriculum and operates within the school system
- Provides opportunities for active student participation at local, state and national levels.