Blackboard Parentlink - Opt In/Opt Out
Galena Park ISD utilizes Blackboard Parentlink to communicate with parents and guardians. This system is used for emergency messages as well as general information that should be of interest to parents. Our database is updated daily from our student management system and our employee database. We strive to comply with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and promptly remove incorrect numbers when we are notified. If you are receiving calls, in error, from our Blackboard system please contact us at 832-386-1000 and we will ensure that your number is removed from our list.
Parentlink users can opt out of:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)".
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply STOP to any Blackboard system text or to "60680" for non-emergency messages. Reply STOP to "54968" to opt out of emergency messages.
- Emails: Click the unsubscribe link from any email they receive.
Parentlink users can opt back into:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)" from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to "54968" for emergency messages.