Cleaning, Sanitizing, Targeted Disinfecting in Galena Park I.S.D. Schools and District Facilities
- Hand soap and sanitizer are available in restrooms, facility entrances and near identified high traffic and touch surface areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in every classroom.
- All workspaces, touchpoints, and other areas will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- GPISD has purchased several alternative disinfectant applications, such as electrostatic sprayers and UV-C lights.
- We have integrated the use of Diversey Brands products, such as VIREX Plus, which is trusted as the number-one name in hospital hard-surface disinfection.
- We have updated our standard operating procedures to directly respond to COVID concerns and prevent the spread of illness-causing germs and bacteria.
- We have revised our cleaning schedule and all staff members have been trained on best practices for cleaning and disinfecting, based on CDC guidelines.
Student Nutrition Procedures for Reopening GPISD
- All employees will be prescreened weekly prior to entering the workplace.
- All employees will wear masks.
- Staff will practice social distancing.
- All staff will be trained according to the CDC/FDA to ensure the best safety practices are followed.
- Staff will ensure all areas of food establishment are disinfected and sanitized throughout the day.
- Staff will continue to practice food safety protocols as outlined in the Department HACCP manual.
We are ready to serve our students!
Transportation Cleaning and Sanitation Procedures for School Buses
- Bus drivers and Attendants are trained in the best practices for maintaining a safe and clean bus environment.
- Hand sanitizers are available on every bus for your child to use as needed.
- All high contact surfaces are cleaned and disinfected multiple times each day to mitigate COVID-19 concerns and to prevent the spread of the illness.
- We use disinfecting applications consistently and frequently for the safety of all visitors.