Galena Park I.S.D. is excited to welcome your child to pre-kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year. Although the coronavirus has changed our lives dramatically and school may look a little different this year, we remain committed to ensuring students have a safe, fun and welcoming environment that encourages them to reach their full potential.
Galena Park I.S.D. is committed to creating meaningful experiences for all pre-kindergarten students while enforcing safety measures in every classroom, such as social distancing, thorough cleaning and frequent handwashing for all students and staff members. These and other measures will help reduce the risk of students getting sick.
Once again, welcome to the 2020-2021 school year and thank you for choosing Galena Park I.S.D.!
Is your child registered for pre-kindergarten, or are you still unsure about registering your child due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
Galena Park I.S.D. is aware that parents may be hesitant about registering their child for school due to the current coronavirus pandemic. We want to reassure you that GPISD is taking appropriate measures to ensure all students and staff members are safe when returning to our schools and facilities. We understand your concerns and respect your decision if you choose to keep your child at home; nonetheless, we want you to be aware of the benefits you may discover by registering your child in Galena Park I.S.D. Students registered in our district will have free access to developmentally appropriate curriculum, instructional resources, technology devices and most importantly, support from certified teachers.
When registered in Galena Park I.S.D., you will have the following options of learning models to consider:
- Regular School Schedule
- Remote Learning Model - parents may choose for their children to be 100% remote learners and not participate in face-to-face instruction.
- Virtual Instruction consists of lessons and assignments completed at home and submitted online.
- Teachers will provide developmentally appropriate activities and assignments.
- Teachers will provide feedback and monitor student progress.
- District technology devices will be available for families, for instructional use.
- Students will have access to state-adopted curriculum and District instructional resources.
To register your child in Galena Park I.S.D., please click on the following link to complete the online registration.
If you need assistance with the online registration process, please call 832-386-1188.