School Visitation Policy
In order to protect the security of District students, staff, and the learning environment at schools, all visitors, including parents/guardians, shall conform to the following guidelines:
1. To ensure student, staff, and visitor safety, along with quick and efficient entry into GPISD campuses and facilities, a Clear Bag Regulation has been instituted for visitors. This will limit the type of bag allowed. All bags brought onto GPISD campuses or facilities by visitors are subject to visual inspection.
2. Visitors shall wear in a prominent place the visitor badge provided by the office.
3. Visits to individual classrooms during instructional time shall be permitted only with the principal’s and teacher’s prior approval.
4. No visitor shall disseminate information to students and staff without prior approval from the Superintendent or designee as provided in GKDA (Local).
5. No visitor may solicit, proselytize or recruit for fundraising activities, religious groups, youth groups, or political causes.
6. Media representatives shall arrange visits to school campuses with the Department of Communication Services.
7. Visitors are expected to wear appropriate attire while visiting District schools. Such attire should generally conform to the dress code outlined in the Student Handbook.
8. Any visitor who wishes to establish a regular presence in District schools and/or interact directly with students shall consent to a criminal background check.