NS9 Teacher of the Month: Nomination Form
Nominate the Teacher and/or Staff Member of the Month
Certified and Classified Staff play an important role in the lives of young adults, families and society. Each month we would like to recognize one outstanding certified and outstanding certified and classified staff member at North Shore High School and highlight his/her achievements.
The North Shore High School Staff Members of the Month Awards have been established to recognize outstanding people for their dedication, professionalism and work. Those receiving these awards will be nominated by the students for excellence in their classroom and/or school.
Nomination forms are available in Ms. Dunn’s room. The Teacher and Staff of the month will be awarded with a certificate and treats chosen by students.
Each month, we will recognize a different staff member based on his/her contributions to the school, excellence in the classroom, leadership abilities, citizenship, community involvement and a variety of other criteria. Staff will be nominated and selected based on the following criteria.
- Excellence in the Classroom or in her/his Job - consistently advancing students to higher levels of academic achievement.
- Motivation - having the ability to motivate and encourage students to advance passed their expectations both academically and socially.
- Leadership - serving as a leader not only in the classroom, but also throughout the school.
- Community Service - demonstrating the importance of civic responsibility by being active in community or other service organizations.
- Creativity and Imagination - demonstrating creativity and imagination in their lesson plans and teaching methods that inspire students to learn. For staff, this means demonstrating creativity and imagination in carrying out their job duties in such a way that they motivate and inspire others in the school community to learn.
- Dedication - showing excellent attendance, punctuality and a desire to see their students advance, in addition, participating in programs and activities outside the school day.
- Communication - communicating articulately to their classroom, colleagues and beyond.
How to Submit
You may submit your nomination by the 20th of each month by 2:30 p.m.