Planning on Going to College?
All high school students who plan to attend college when they graduate must begin to prepare themselves. We have these coming events to help:
1. Saturday, October 19: ACT college entrance exam tutorials from 8:30am-12:30pm at the Zotz Building (13801 Holly Park); students in all grade levels can attend and will earn a free ACT/SAT retest.
2. Monday, October 21: Lunch and learn with Texas A&M representative Alyssa Gonzales during all lunches; students and parents can bring their lunches to room 1122 to hear an admissions and scholarship presentation from one of Texas' top colleges.
3. Thursday, October 24 (every Thursday): Tutoring and mentoring provided by the National Honor Society students after school in the upstairs library; students can work on improving performance in core subject areas and/or get training on the college process, GPA and rank, and time management.
4. Wednesday, October 30: College visit field trip to UH Downtown and TSU; students can see Mrs. Couch for a permission form for the trip--first come, first served.
5. Friday, November 8: Deadline for juniors and seniors to register for the December 14 ACT; go to ACT.org to register and see your counselor for a fee waiver if you qualify.
6. Monday, November 11: GPISD College Night hosted by North Shore Senior High from 6:00-8:00pm; we will have a bus for GPHS students--see Mrs. Couch for the permission form.
Students are highly encouraged to visit gphscollegebound.weebly.com to learn more about the college process and scholarships. Please contact Mrs. Couch with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.