NORTH SHORE HIGH SCHOOLS RECEIVE RATING FROM TEA - CAMPUS ACCOUNTABILITY RATING
North Shore Senior High (Includes All 3 Campuses 9-12th) - B
The Texas Education Agency rates all public school and school districts in three areas: Student Achievement, School Progress, and Closing the Gaps. Several individual measures are used to determine this rating, which includes:
· 2019 STAAR/End of Course (EOC) scores
· 2019 Growth in Reading and Math STAAR/EOC
· 2018 Graduation Rates and College, Career & Military Readiness Rates
The ratings of all three areas are then combined to determine the Overall Score.
North Shore Senior High scores include results for students on all 3 campuses.
In addition to an overall grade of a B, TEA also awards Distinctions in areas where our campus has performed exceptionally well. North Shore earned 4 out of a possible 7 distinctions. They are:
· Academic Achievement in Mathematics
· Academic Achievement in English Language Arts/Reading
· Academic Achievement in Social Studies, and
· Top 25%: Comparative Academic Growth.