Dr. Joe Coleman is currently serving in his 25th year as a school educator. During his tenure, he has taught middle school and high school, been an assistant principal at the middle and high school levels and served as a high school principal in San Angelo ISD, Fort Bend ISD and in Kansas City, Missouri. He has received the following recognitions for his service:
- 2014 H-E-B Excellence in Education Award, Secondary Principal, Houston Region
- 2010 Finalist, Texas High School Principal of Year
- 2010 Principal of the Year, Region IV
- 2010 H-E-B Excellence in Education Award, Secondary Principal, Houston Region
- 2007 H-E-B Excellence in Education Award, Secondary Principal, West Texas Region
- 2005 Principal of the Year, Region XV
Dr. Coleman is national curriculum auditor who has participated in conducting school audits across the United States. He was a presenter at the 2010 Texas School Improvement Conference and he has shared his vision on “Effective Strategies for Improving Urban Schools” to the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in 2012.
Coleman is a member of the Texas Association of Secondary School Principals and The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
Dr. Coleman looks forward to continuing the tradition of strong academic excellence at North Shore while also supporting the participation of all students in our outstanding extra-curricular program. As a new member of the North Shore family, he looks forward to leading and learning but above all, serving.