Galena Park ISD Homeless Liaison
Program Director for Student Support Services
About the McKinney-Vento Act
Serves children and youth who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nightime residence.
- Sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or similar reason.
- Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to lack of alternative adequate accommodations.
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters.
- Living in a public or private place not designed for or regularly used as accommodations.
- Living in cars, parks, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings.
- Child or youth who meets the McKinney-Vento definition of homelessness and is not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian