National Honor Society, John W. Hoke Chapter
The purpose of this organization shall be to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in the students at Galena Park High School.
How To Join
Every October, students are invited to join National Honor Society through a personal invitation delivered to their classroom. Students invited to join must meet the following criteria as stated in the Galena Park ISD Student Handbook and our chapter bylaws:
Once invited, students must complete a petition to join. The faculty council will vote on membership according to the guidelines listed here.Membership Requirements
- be sophomores, juniors, or seniors;
- must have spent at least one semester in Galena Park ISD;
- must have a 3.35 GPA on a weighted 4.0 scale; and
- must not have been assigned to ISS, suspension, AEP in the previous year.
According to the Galena Park High School National Honor Society bylaws, an active member is one who:
Only those members who are up to date with membership requirements will be recognized and allowed to wear a stole at graduation.
- Maintains the standards of the society: character, leadership, scholarship, and service;
- Completes 15 hours of individual community service per semester;
- Attends all meetings and NHS activities;
- Pays annual dues of $10.00 which are used to fund our induction, t-shirts, and scholarships for seniors;
- Maintains a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.35 on a weighted 4.0 scale.
SponsorMrs. Cynthia Tenaglio, firstname.lastname@example.orgStudent OfficersBernardo Vazquez, PresidentChurchill Couch, Vice-PresidentDeyanira Ramirez, SecretaryNathalie De La Cruz, TreasurerVictoria Tovar, HistorianBianca Borrego, ParliamentarianMeetings1st Monday of each monthMake-up meetings are the morning immediately after the general meeting
Faculty CouncilBrandi CouchErika GonzalezTed MahoneyLisa RobinetteKendra WalkerCynthia A. Tenaglio
Cynthia A. TenaglioChemistry TeacherScience Department ChairGalena Park High School(832) 386-2977