Galena Park ISD Bullying Procedures
Bullying occurs when a student or group of students engages in written or verbal expression, expression through electronic methods, or physical conduct against another student on school property, at a school-sponsored or related activity, or in a district operated vehicle, and the behavior:
- results in harm to the student or the student’s property, or
- places a student in reasonable fear of physical harm or of damage to the student’s property, or
- is so severe, persistent, and pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment.
This conduct is considered bullying if it exploits an imbalance of power between the student perpetrator(s) and the student victim and if it interferes with a student’s education or substantially disrupts the operation of the school.
Bullying is prohibited by the district and could include hazing, threats, taunting, teasing, confinement, assault, demands for money, destruction of property, theft of valued possessions, name-calling, rumor-spreading, or ostracism. In some cases, bullying can occur through electronic methods, called “cyberbullying”.
Steps to Report Bullying
If you or your child experience(s) an incidence of bullying, please follow these steps and complete the Bullying Complaint form:
- Step 1: A report must be completed to file a complaint related to an incident of the alleged bullying. The complainants name will be confidential.
- Step 2: Once the form is completed, the form should be returned to the school’s Principal/designee of the victim’s home school or the appropriate district office.
- Step 3: Upon receiving the Complaint Form, an investigation will be conducted to determine whether a violation of the Student Code of Conduct has occurred: if so, the appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.
Bullying Incident Form
Please download the Bullying Incident Form to file an incident report. After you complete the form, please turn it into your school Principal/designee or the appropriate district office.
Website Links on Bullying
Reporting Bullying Anonymously
If you or your child would like to report an incidence of bullying anonymously, please utilize one of the two methods listed:
- Galena Park ISD Anonymous Tip Line - Galena Park ISD has set up an anonymous tip line for any student, parent or employee who may have information that might affect the safety of our students or staff. The information hotline number is (832) 386-1550.
- Galena Park ISD Mobile App Tip Line - Galena Park ISD has set up an anonymous tip line app for any student, parent or employee who may have information that might affect the safety of our student or staff. The tip line is available in the GPISD Mobile App.