Galena Park Middle School's L.O.T.C.
Purpose: To provide and teach students leadership that will create positive life experiences and outcomes.
Objective: To develop student character through leadership that will provide students with the tools needed to succeed in their academic future.
Goal: To improve family, community and school values, to improve student academic achievement, behavior and to decrease dropout rate.
- Community Service
- School Responsibility
- Jr. Honor Society
- Multicultural Fair
- Football Games
- Basketball Games
- Cadet Focus:
- All cadets will be required to wear the uniform once a week.
- There is a requirement for the up-keep of the uniform.
- All cadets will maitain a 75 percent average in all classes.
- LOTC will use a merit system for all cadets.
- There will be a battallion formation once a week.
- Cadets will have mandatory practice three times a week.
- Physical training is a part of LOTC (push-ups, sit-ups, running, exercising etc....)
- Cadets may be dismissed from LOTC for disciplinary reasons.
SSG. U.S. Army (DAV)