Welcome to Language Arts and Reading
The mission of the Galena Park Independent School District is to prepare students to become productive citizens and lifelong learners.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
We believe that strong literacy skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) are essential in developing responsible and self-motivated learners. We support students' curiosity and critical thinking skills by providing diverse and relevant interactive opportunitites for learning. Individualized instruction and culturally diverse texts are used to facilitate students' interest and enjoyment in reading and writing.
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT:
To provide effective and appropriate language arts and reading instruction in a way that students:
- read actively and comprehend a variety of texts,
- respond to and interact with print,
- make connections, interpret, enjoy, and appreciate literature,
- write for a variety of purposes and audiences
- communicate clearly, effectively, and accurately
- apply correct use of standard grammar in oral and written communication, and
- listen actively and courteously
So that students become competent, confident, and contributing thinkers and communicators.