The Department of Student Support Services is responsible for oversight of the District's wellness policy and plan and for conducting School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) meetings.
GPISD's SHAC assists the district in ensuring community values are reflected in the District's wellness plan and health education instruction. Parents/Guardians are welcome and encouraged to attend SHAC meetings to gain information about our wellness plan, health education instruction and other health topics impacting our community.
If you are interested in the development, implementation and evaluation of the wellness policy and plan, please contact the Department of Student Support Services at 832-386-1033.
If you would like to attend any one of the SHAC meetings, please RSVP to
Melissa Morin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (832) 386-1033.
SHAC meeting dates and minutes for the 2019-2020 school year are listed below:
- Thursday, October 3, 2019 - 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 - 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Thursday, April 2, 2020 - 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
SHAC meeting dates and minutes for the 2018-2019 school year are listed below:
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 - 9:00 am-10:30 am
SHAC Meeting Minutes 10/4/18
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 11:30 am-1:30 pm
SHAC Meeting Minutes 12/11/18
- Thursday. February 7, 2019 - 11:30 am-1:30 pm
SHAC Meeting Minutes 2/7/19
- Friday, April 12, 2019 - 11:30 am-1:30 pm
SHAC Meeting Minutes 4/12/19