Fundraising Requests & Follow-up Reports
All Galena Park ISD fundraiser requests and follow-up forms are to be submitted using Eduphoria! Formspace. Each organization must select their vendors from the approved list below. Click HERE to visit Eduphoria! (note: Eduphoria! is only accessible to GPISD employees).
Once your fundraising request has been approved, your request is returned to you in Eduphoria! Formspace and the follow-up report becomes active at the bottom of the request. After your fundraising activity has been completed, return to Eduphoria! Formspace and complete the follow-up section at the bottom of the form and submit by clicking on "continue workflow". Follow-up reports must be submitted using Eduphoria! FormSpace by the end of the month that the fund-raiser took place. Future fundraisers will not be approved if there are outstanding follow-up reports.
Please be reminded that it is still the practice in GPISD to not have students soliciting door to door sales when fundraising. As you begin a fund raising activity please discourage door to door sales and remind your students that is is always better to sell to family, friends, and relatives or let their parents sell items at work. We must all work together to ensure the safety of every child in our district!
Number of Fundraisers Allowed
- Each campus is limited to two (2) school-wide fundraising activities per school year.
- Each elementary and middle school organization is limited to two (2) fundraising activities per school year. The building principal may choose to limit their campus groups to one (1) activity if they see fit.
- Each high school organization is limited to one (1) fundraising activity per school year. However, the senior class at each high school may have two (2) activities per school year.
- Booster clubs may have multiple fundraising activities each year. All fundraisers must be listed in the organizations budget that is turned in with the annual Booster Club Checklist in September. No other fundraisers may be added after that time.
Yearly Fund-raiser request deadlines
- June 1st for July - October activities
- October 1st for November - February activities
- February 1st for March - June activities
GPISD Approved Vendors
The Galena Park ISD does not permit the use of any crowd-sourcing services, companies or websites at this time.
A Texas public school district does not qualify to conduct raffles under the Charitable Raffle Enabling Act passed by the Texas Legislature, signed into law by the governor and has been in effect since September 1, 1999.
District policy FJ (legal) states: The District is not a "qualified non-profit organization" for the purposes of the Charitable Raffle Enabling Act and shall not sponsor or conduct raffles, i.e., award one or more prizes by a chance at a single occasion among a pool or group of persons who have paid or promised a thing of value for a ticket that represents a chance to win a prize.
The Charitable Raffle Enabling Act was established to provide certain charitable and non-profit membership organizations a means to generate income to support their causes. The Act defines the types of organizations that can hold raffles as:
- An association organized primarily for religious purposes that has been in existence in Texas for at least ten years.
- A voluntary emergency medical service that does not pay its members other than a nominal compensation.
- A volunteer fire department that operates fire fighting equipment and does not pay its members other than a nominal compensation.
- A non-profit organization that has been in existence for at least three years, elects its governing body, has 501(c)(3) tax exempt status, has members, does not distribute income to its members and does not participate in any political campaign.
These are the only organizations allowed to hold raffles in Texas. Any other types of organizations, businesses or individuals conducting raffles in Texas would be doing so illegally. Conducting an illegal raffle is a Class A misdemeanor and participating in an illegal raffle is a Class C misdemeanor under the Texas Penal Code.